One thing to remember if you do the etherchannel for this customer is
the src/dst mac pairs and their respective flows may not be diverse
enough to offer good load balancing.  This is the case for most router
to router subnets such as in customer hand-offs like you seem to have.

Yes some of the cisco line does src/dst mac+IP (4) tuples which
addresses this problem, but not every box does that.

I too am interested in why the no VLAN policy in this (hosting?)
environment,
Darrell