After booting, at the console we got the rommon#> 1   prompt, and error
messages that the image decompression had failed, invalid format, blah
blah blah. Everything had been working fine for a couple of months, then
this, just as  this beast is to go into production.  We tried to install
new IOS on this new, isolated, stand-alone router, via Xmodem, because
there was no other apparent way to do it.  It failed, and Cisco said the
only other way was to replace the flash with a factory installed IOS,
which we will do.

Anyone out there had similar problems (Xmodem failure)?  We also do not
have an identical or similar router with PCMCIA cards.