Hello Mike,

you probably forgot to configure a default route in the 6509.

Taco Hettema

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike & Lynnette Keller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: vrijdag 25 januari 2002 18:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 6509 with Router on stick [7:33217]

Hello,

I was attempting to use a 6509 with a 1750 in the router on a stick scenario
until my MFSC arrives. I have done this several times in the past with other
switches and have been successful but the 6509 will not allow me to route
between my two VLANs. The configuration on the 1750 was pretty simple and had
actually worked earlier in the week with a 3524.
The 6509 showed the dot1q trunk coming up but I can only ping the router
sub-interface that is in the same subnet as my SC0 interface. If I change my
SC0 interface IP to the other subnet I can ping the other sub-interface on
the
router.

I had also heard that the 6500 unlike the CAT500 cannot use an external
router
to route between VLANs. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The routing traffic will not be heavy so I could let the routing go through
the 1750 attached to the 3524 but would like the router attached to the 6509
if possible. I also have VG-200s on the network that I thought could perform
the routing, but they do not appear to let me set encapsulation on the FE
sub-interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mike