That specifies type 7 encryption, you can enable it before or after
you configured your vty's. "enable secret xxxx" is used to enter
password which will be encrypted with MD5. If using MD5 don't use it in
conjunction with "enable password xxxx" command as that would create
another enable password and would make your MD5 password as prone
to discoveries as type 7.