Hi all,

I tried this yesterday and got some funny results.
 A client of ours uses another private company to do long haul connections
to overseas sites. They (the private company) are redistributing their OSPF
routes into my EIGRP process. They have recently had some instability on
some of their numerous routes, so I tried using summary addressing on the
router that connects to my clients network. The summary was correct and
actually showed correctly in the routing table on the upstream router.

Problem:

Even though the summarised route is in the table, the 100's of host routes
are also there, all pointing to the same place. Now the users in the UK
could not connect. I removed the summary addresses and all ok again - just
the summarised route gone from the routing tables. This particular router is
using ver 11.1 ( really old!!)

Now this summarisation works on all the other routers correctly. Any idea's

Andrew Larkins
BCom, CCNP, CCDA
Bytes Technology Networks
A Division of the Bytes Technology Group
A Member of the Altron Group
www.btgroup.co.za
visit the press office @ www.itweb.co.za/office/bytes

Tel :  +27 11 800 9336
Fax : +27 11 800 9496
Mobile : +27 83 656 7214
Email :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OR  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"This message may contain information which is confidential and subject to
legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email,
facsimile or telephone and return and/or destroy the original message."