I have WS-C5225R cards in 5505s with either Sup II or Sup IIIs. Running
version 5? OS. I haven't tried dot1q on them. So the good news is that both
Sups will recognize the card. I can also say that a Sup running version 3
code will choke if a 5225R card is installed.
Check out the docs for the 5225R or check the OS Release Notes. Let us know
what you find.