On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Erick B. wrote:

> try pinging with extended commands
> using your LAN IP as a source and see if that is
> error-free. If it is, then the destination router has
> a route back to that IP subnet fine.

Yep, I'd suggest attempting to ping something from the LAN interface.
Sounds like there is a bogus route somewhere for your WAN link. Or a
route-cacheing bug as MADMAN suggested - I've seen a certain IOS on 7500's
with ATM subifs only allow every second ICMP packet to /30s on ATM CVCs,
even though traffic was passing happily through them. Shut/No shut the
interface, try again.

Rgds,

- I.

--