for the most part, cat os based switches are the same and ios based switches
are the same...every once in a while you catch something different..but to
answer you, the 4000 series and 5000 series are the same.

-Patrick

>>> Nisus  02/05/02 05:21AM >>>
First of all I would like to thank you who replied to my questions about
VLans and how to set them up.

Second.  In the information I have been reading about VLans usually 2
classes of switches are referenced.
The first being a lower model or switch 1900 series.  The Vlan setup is
mostly menu driven as I found out from my Cisco instructor in class
yesterday.  There were some problems we encountered when setting up a VLan
on this type of switch.

Third.  Usually when ever I read about VLans and setting them up it uses a
5000 series switch as a reference, using the OSI command interface.

Does the 4000 switch use the same setup or interface as the 5000?

Does any one know ?

Thank you very much,
Steven M Aiello
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and
/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or
copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may
subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this
email and its attachments from your computer. Thank you.