From: Doug Korell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 6:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: GBIC's for single mode fiber [7:34699]

I need some GBIC's for single mode fiber that will reach 40km. Cisco's GBIC
(GBIC-ZX) will go up to 70km and needs a 5-dB in-line optical attenuator to
lower the power. It is also quite pricey.

Are there other manufacturers out there that make GBIC's that work in Cisco
gear? If so, has anyone used them? Thanks.

Doug