Woody,

Why not take a look at the MC3810 if you put 64 Mb RAM into them, then
they will do VoIP. There are quite a number on ebay from time to time.

You can think of them as very similar to a 2610 + 2 x wic-1T in basic
functionality.  Similar cpu power to a 2610, 10 BaseT + 2 x serial ports
built in. Many come with the optional AVM6 voice module fitted. (An AVM6
takes up to 6 x APMs, Analogue Personality modules - fxs, fxo, & e&m
versions available) some have DVM - E1/T1 primary rate digital voice
modules fitted and many have mft E1/T1 (multiflex-trunk modules) fitted.
On the whole they seem to go for rather less than a 2610 + NM-1V + vic-
2fxs + 2 x Wic-1T.

If you get MC3810 + AVM6 + 2 x APM-fxs + mft-E1/T1 and have 64 Mb Ram
then they will do: VoFR, VoIP, VoATM and you can use a pair of them with
mft back to back to practice ATM pvcs at 2 Mb and all for less than a
pair of 2610s with voice!

They are used on the CVOICE course and are suggested as a cost effective
alternative in Solie's CCIE Practical Studies Vol1 though they are not
the actual routers on the lab syllabus. But, if this makes a significant
difference to you then you are probably not yet ready to sit the lab.

Peter

In article , Steven A. Ridder
 writes
>try a 1750 or 1751.
>""Woods, Randall, SOBUS""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Hi all,
>>     I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations of what
>> equipment would be best suited for adding VOIP to my home lab. I am
>> considering getting the 2600 series but wanted some advise on if there was
>> anything smaller or better suited for the job.   Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Woody
>html

Peter Whittle