I think you can't advertise the default network over the network itelf.
Meaning If you advertise net 8 on b as the default route, then router a
connected to b via net 8 won't send it to a.  See if any other routers have
the def network.  I bet the others do.  just advertise a different, upstream
network that a isn't connected to.