The physical interface won't go down until their is a loss of signal from
the switch.  Is the line protocol up or down on the main interface of
router B when router A is down?

I look at it like this.  Say I have a T1 Frame Relay circuit with 20 64K
PVCs mapped to other circuits in a network. If one of the remote routers
goes down I sure don't want my T1 to go down.  The Subinterface however
will show down.  This happens in the frame relay network.  Once the PVC is
built through the frame relay cloud the network knows whether or not either
side of the PVC is sending and receiving LMI. If LMI goes away on one end
of the PVC, the PVC itself is affected not the connection from the
router/CSU to the frame relay switch.

Hope this helps!

Eric Lange

                    "Anthony
Toh"

cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     PVC status don't go
down [7:35389]

nobody@groupstu

dy.com

02/14/2002
                    04:30
AM
                    Please
respond
"Anthony

Toh"

Can anyone enlight me on this. I have 2 sites connected through a Frame
Relay network as below :

Router A ---- Frame Relay ---- Router B

My question is this

when interface of router A goes down, router B cannot notice it and the
whole PVC is not updated as down. But when the interfaces of both routers
are configured as subinterface, router B can then update router A's
interface as down and the whole PVC goes down. What is concept behind ? Why
doesn't the keepalive update both side properly ?

Anthony.