As a test, statically configure a client to be on the 192.168.2.0 network
with correct gateway info, mask, etc. Then 1, try pinging the server and see
if that works, and two, change config to dhcp then.  What range is the dhcp
server supposed to be passing out, the secondary addresses range, because it
won't work either.  The DHCP server must pass out the primary address range
because that's where the packet is coming from.

--
RFC 1149 Compliant.

""J-B""  wrote in message
> Well the clients have not ip address, what we are doing is remove all ip
> address from the clients and enable DHCP....
> ""Steven A. Ridder""  wrote in message
> > I bet the clients are on the new secondary networks?   Is that true,
> because
> > if so, ip helper only works on the primary interface's address and not
on
> > the clients on the secondary network.  It won't pick up the secondary
> > networks broadcasts.
> >
> > --
> > RFC 1149 Compliant.
> >
> > ""J-B""  wrote in message
> > > Team,
> > > I have the following problem:
> > >
> > > Our network has 10 sites, I am in the process of readdressing current
> > > network. I have setup secondary ip address on every site, At the
present
> > > time I am setting up a wk2000 dhcp/win server in one site. The problem
> is
> > > that I am not able to obtain ip address from the DHCP server via the
> WAN,
> > it
> > > works fine in the site where it is locate. The layout is the
following:

> > > Hub site
> > >
> > > interface Ethernet0
> > >  ip address 192.168.13.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
> > >  ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
> > >  ip helper-address 192.168.12.17
> > >  ip directed-broadcast
> > >  no cdp enable
> > >
> > > interface Serial0
> > >  no ip address
> > >  ip directed-broadcast
> > >  encapsulation frame-relay IETF
> > >  no ip mroute-cache
> > >  frame-relay lmi-type ansi
> > >
> > > interface Serial0.3 point-to-point
> > >  description Spoke site
> > >  bandwidth 384
> > >  ip unnumbered Ethernet0
> > >  ip helper-address 192.168.12.17
> > >  ip directed-broadcast
> > >  frame-relay interface-dlci 26
> > >
> > > Spoke site
> > >
> > > interface Ethernet0
> > >  ip address 192.168.12.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
> > >  ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
> > >
> > > interface Serial0
> > >  no ip address
> > >  encapsulation frame-relay IETF
> > >  no fair-queue
> > >  frame-relay lmi-type ansi
> > > !
> > > interface Serial0.1 point-to-point
> > >  description connection to Hub
> > >  ip unnumbered Ethernet0
> > >  bandwidth 384
> > >  frame-relay interface-dlci 16
> > > !
> > >
> > > The ip address of the DHCP sever is 192.168.12.17
> > >
> > > Be aware that I have not problem pinging to the DHCP server from the
Hub
> > > site.
> > >
> > > Team, what I am doing wrong
here.......HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP