Hey there folks,

I'm now the lucky holder of a CCNP; can't wait until my plaque comes in the
mail :) .  Here's a short run-down of the study material that I used to
prepare for the exams.

In order of increasing test difficulty:

640-506 – used Smartforce’s CBT Systems modules; practised using Transcender
SupportCert exam

640-505 – used same modules; practised using Transcender RemoteCert exam

640-504 – used same modules; practised using SelfTest Software exams

640-503 – used same modules; practised using Transcender RouterCert exam

The Smartforce software was luckily provided to me at work; I can only guess
how much the four modules would cost.  It's something akin of a flashcard
system and has amazing router/switch simulators, practise exams, and pretty
pictures :) .  Really good work on the author’s part.

I was also provided with the Transcender products which were helpful for me
to get an idea of what I'd expect in the exam.  SelfTest software for the
Switching exam was also good practise.

Furthermore, thanks to everybody in this listserv for all the insight they
provided!  I disagree with what I've read about the Support exam however: it
was the easiest for me out of all exams, as was the Remote Access.  My
experience at work in a telco NOC could have been helped me, though :) .
Next challenge is CCIE later this year or early next year... want more work
experience before pursuing the Grandpappi of certifications!

Cheers,

Anu.