Larry, thanks for the response. As I tried to explain in the initial post,
the host on the other end of the 1q connection is a trunk connection. I
don't understand why it's not being routed. Any clues?

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Letterman
To: Sean Knox; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2/17/02 11:52 PM
Subject: RE: Different type of intervlan routing problem... [7:35595]

The device connected to the 1Q trunk must be a trunk
connection. The host on the other end of the trunk link
will not usually respond to your ping when the link is a
trunk. If you want the host to respond you need the link
to be a switchport access type link.

Larry Letterman
Cisco Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]