From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Scott Nawalaniec
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 3:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Flash SIMMs the same? [7:35876]

FYI

Answer:

I think they are the same kind of flash SIMM for the 2600 and 3600
routers. I put a 3640 flash simm into a 2620 router and I was able to
erase it and copy a 2620 IOS onto it.

Unfortunately, my intention was to put a 3640 IOS onto the SIMM from a
Cisco 2600 router platform for future trouble shooting purposes. Just in
case I didn't have another 3600 router around to do it.

I wasn't able xmodem or tftpdnld a 3640 IOS onto the SIMM. I get a error
message stating "ERR:File not a valid executable." I'm pretty sure its
because the 2600 hardware will not recognize a 3600 IOS.

Just incase your ever curious. =)

Have fun.

Scott