"Cisco LAN Switching" by Clark & Hamilton p218 "The Spanning-Tree Protocol
also uses a seperate Hold Time value to prevent excessive BPDU traffic. The
Hold Time determines the minimum time between the sending of any two
back-to-back Configuration BPDUs on a given port. It prevents a cascade
effect of where BPDUs spawn more and more other BPDUs. This parameter is
fixed at a non-configurable value of one second." I have quoted this book
many times on this list. Hint - buy it!

Your output seems to be from a 2900XL series switch:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35wc/cr/clicm
ds.htm#xtocid21946105
shows similar output without really explaining it.

For more detailed explanations see:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_5_2/cmd_ref/
sh_sp_te.htm#21020
and check out the "show spantree statistics" area.