I have a question regarding the use of the "login" keyword within global
config-line - in this example with the vty entries.

A default config would read :-

!
line vty 0 4
!
!

Entering global config-line mode, and entering the login command, we get :-

!
line vty 0 4
login
!

However, entering global config-line mode, and entering the 'no login'
command, we get :-

!
line vty 0 4
no login
!

the login command is still referenced - It hasnt been removed.... Is there
functionally any difference between this state and the default config shown
originally. I am curious whether this is caused by a quirk in IOS that
doesn't
tidy the config "wording", or whether the default behaviour has changed.

Best regards,

Julian Fletcher
[EMAIL PROTECTED]