you might be surprised...

I'm currently involved with a couple of universities, in the sales process.
of the three campuses with which I have been engaged, all are using public
IP space on their inside network, and from here in my study, using my
personal IP connection, I can ping just about every IP address I try on
their inside networks, supposedly behind firewalls...

It would appear, then, that these colleges have just such a policy -
forbidding NAT. ;->

I kid you not. I was speaking with one of my associates the other day about
one of these campuses, and he told me he was able to set up an OSPF
adjacency with one of the routers on the inside network.

Amazing!!!!!!

Chuck

""Patrick Ramsey""  wrote in message
> dynamic nat a security breach?  I was under the impression that dynamic
was
> a security practice?    and if you are speaking of static nat, well
> darn...that's you guys...
>
> -Patrick

> Anyone know of a tool for detecting NAT activity on the network. I work in
> large university and we've instituted a policy against nat especially in
the
> dorms due to some very serious security breaches. Is there anything out
> there that can remotely detect a nat operation? Thanks.
transmitted with it may contain confidential and
> /or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
> Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to
whom
> addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If