Tim,

The default network type is NBMA for NBMA-type interfaces (e.g. frame relay)
and also for p-t-mp subinterfaces.

As for broadcast, this implies a fully meshed environment, which is
*logically* equivelant to a broadcast environment such as ethernet -
assuming of course that information is duplicated to every recipient).
Remember that a DR and BDR are elected in this type of environment just like
ethernet.

I have to look this stuff up every couple of months because it is pretty
confusing.  The terminology isn't exactly intuitive.

Scott