From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Jeff Dutton
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 11:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Copying RAM to a text file [7:36671]

Alright lets say for example that when you copy your running-config to a
tftp server it shows the file type as "file" (meaning no extension) but if
you rename the file with a .doc extension it shows all of the text within
the show run commmand just as it would if you copied and pasted your
running-config from a hyperterminal session and pasted it into a word doc. I
copied a running-config from a router and pasted it into a word doc so I
could edit to to meet the specs I'll need for another router. That being
said, if I take off the .doc extension which will make the file a "file"
type could I then copy this file from a tftp server to the new router? This
is something I'll have to get set up tommorow and I am just looking at what
might be the quickest way to get the new router up.