At 03:53 PM 2/27/02, Daniel Cotts wrote:
>When you have an opportunity to read Clark and Hamilton the explanation will
>fit. A blocked port is not physically cut. Data traffic is blocked while
>BPDUs are allowed. Else, how would it know that a change in topology has
>taken place?

Topology Change Notification BPDUs travel in the opposite direction from
Configuration BPDUs, however.

>Step 2. Yes, all along bridge 4 has been receiving CBPDUs on both ports.

No, it hasn't. B3's e1 is blocked. (It's the one that connects to B4). B3's
e1 is receiving but not sending Configuration BPDUs. According to Clark and
Hamilton anyway. I'll check IEEE 802.1D too, but I've never found C and H
to be wrong.

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com