Two questions to prolongue the distraction:

1. If a 4KHz signal is sampled at 8Khz, it is sampled twice per cycle. Once
in the positive half and once in the negative. Doesn't this mean that the
value is dependant totally on the point at which it is sampled (and if you
sample it as it passes zero both times it won't be heard)?

2. If with ISDN you have 56Kb usable in US and we have 64Kb usable in UK, if
I called from UK to you in US, would you still be listening after I hung up.
:-)
(After this question you'd probably hang up as soon as I called - I know)

Gaz     (Long week and 4 beers deep - Is it Friday yet?)

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;