I have never been on a job interview where anyone asked to see my cisco
certification certificate or asked my score on an exam. I have been
asked my testing ID to verify that I did indeed have the cert I claimed
(crazy interview, guy had just interviewed a guy who said he was a CCIE,
turns out he wasn't).

On interviews I've been asked what certification I currently hold, them
based on my certs I've been asked related questions to see what I really
know or don't know.

When we interview someone for a job at work, we ask the person what
their technical strengths are and ask detailed technical questions; if a
person says they know something, we're going to dig until we determine
if the person really knows what their talking about or if they're full
of @!#$.

Our approach is similar but not as brutal as the way Cisco interviews;
When I was on a telephone interview with Cisco and the interviewer says,
"so it says on your resume, you know something about Ethernet... tell me
everything you know about Ethernet." When I was done he started drilling
into me about Ethernet; I thought the CIA was questioning me. The guy
repeated this with every keyword and buzzword I had on my resume. Then
he drilled me for details on specific projects and accomplishments that
I had listed on my resume; asking about how i've designed a network,
equipment I've used and why.

Tim Medley - CCNP+Voice, CCDP
Sr. Network Architect
VoIP Group