Hai,

    Digital Subscriber line(DSL) through copper cable will work out very
cheap for Broadband speeds/service by using xDSL technologies.

                        down stream        upstream       range(km)
ADSL A=Asymmetric         8Mbps         640Kbps/1 Mbps     4.9
HDSL H=High bit rate    1.5 or 2Mbps    1.5 or 2Mbps       4.5
SDSL S=Symmetric          768kbps         768kbps          3.5
VDSL V=Very highdatarate 32(13-52)Mbps   > 1Mbps           0.3

  here cost effetive is ADSL solution and 70 times faster than ISDN
(128kbps), the service provider will be sending Ethernet frame to the
customer by using PPPoE and by using DSL switch u can service the
customer.

  There are various product from cisco to deploy xDSL technologies, pls
have look at this site for more info

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/dsl_prod/gsol_dsl/dsl_arch/
gdslintr.htm.

  If u need any more information pls mail me.

Prabhu.k
Network Implementation Engineer