I believe someone might have mentioned this already but since I'm studying
it right now I thought I'd ask again...  It would be greatly appreciated if
someone can shed some light on this.

For OSPF, I understand that a "flapping" subnet will cause LSAs to be
flooded throughout the internetwork at each state transition.  However, my
question is:

TCP / IP Vol1 by Jeff Doyle says if a subnet is summarized by a summary
address, the subnet's instability will no longer be advertised.  But if this
is the case, then what happens if:-

e.g.  Router A advertised a summary route (advertising subnet 172.20.10.0
/24 to Router B.  Now if a host in that subnet (say 172.20.10.1 is
bouncing) - if this instability is hidden by the summary route, does it mean
that Router B wouldn't realized that 172.20.10.1 is flapping, and continues
to forward packets to it?

Please help...

Best Regards,
Hunt Lee