my curiousity has been piqued by this conversation. why would you want to do
DHCP across a firewall? wouldn't such a thing permit security breaches?

Am I correct that this would become a concern in a network where you have a
number of internal security zones ( research, sales, accounting departments
all within the same company ) and the members of those departments, although
firewalled from eachother, would still require DHCP for their addressing?

Was this the idea / design of the guy who asked the original question?

Chuck

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;