I see your point, unfortunately I can't test it right now.  Maybe the person
who posted originally could confirm whether or not break is disabled and the
console baud rate for us?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ole Drews Jensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:47 AM
To: Lupi, Guy; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: confreg 0x2922 ??? [7:37318]

Well, let's see it from a different angle. Normally, the left byte is 21
hex, which is 00100001 binary. Here bit 8 and 13 are set (bits 0 thru 7 are
in the right byte). This is what I normally have, and I can use BREAK, so it
must be enabled. I also use 9600 as the baud rate, so that makes sense too.
If you set bit 11, the baud rate will now change to 4800. That gives a
binary pattern of 00101001, which is 29 hex, which is what your left hex
(most significant byte) is set to.

I don't know where you got the calculator, but I would trust Cisco's
documentation (which is what I am refering to) before I would trust
someone's homemade application tool.

A good way to find out, would be to disable bit 8 (set it to 0) and try to
use BREAK. Then try to change the values of bit 11 and 12 and see what baud
rate you have to configure to talk with the router. That's not only a good
way to find out what's what, but a good exercise for your studies.

Hth,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ole Drews Jensen