5506 is a Sup II with MM fiber ports. 5509 has TX ports. Look for a blade
that will do trunking and EtherChannel. 5213A will do ISL trunking. 5225R
will do dot1q, ISL, and EtherChannel.
Not sure about the error message. Clear the config and reboot. See if it
returns. If you're not sure, don't buy it.