Jerry,

Check the code revisions on your Watchguard products.  The SOHO units are
specified by Watchguard at 500Kbits/sec of 3DES throughput.  See if
Watchguard support has anything to say with a specific question about that.
Sometimes Watchguard is really on the stick.  Sometimes they aren't.

I will check my connection between my home (cable modem 384k-up/1900k-down)
and the main office (T1) for bandwdith and let you know what I get.

I would imagine that ISP hardware could be a limiting factor here, but I
could be wrong.  I am curious to know myself, so I will search the archives
later tonight.  In the mean time, someone from the group who is feeling a
little generous with their time may have some additional insight on this.  A
few questions for the more knowledgeable out there:

Can ISP equipment have an impact on VPN throughput?
Could packet size impact throughput (500 byte versus 1500 byte)?  This
question might be a good one for Watchguard as well.
Any other considerations?  (nothing too lengthy, just a few quick answers
for further investigation later)

My thanks in advance your time with these questions.

Regards,

Justin