Hello everybody,

I know this doesn`t have much to do with Cisco,
but if anyone would like to share his/her knowledge,
I would be very grateful.
Has anyone worked with Riverstone RS3000 before?
I have set up OSPF backbone area on RS 3000,

ospf create area backbone

Then I wanted all the ports to autumatically belong to the backbone area.
So I tried below.

ospf add summary-range xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx./xx to-area backbone

Then I wanted some of the ports to be set passive so that
networks that are connected to the ports and my backbone area
wouldn`t exchange routing info.

ospf set interface xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx passive

I thought this would be sufficient but I got an error message saying that,
the system doesn`t recognize the interface xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
I  DID try to add individual interface to backbone area and
set them passive individually then it worked.
But as more network is attached to the RS3000.
This will be alot of work.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

sean k`