Yes, all Cisco beta tests are three hours or more long.

The reason is in a beta test you are asked around 150 questions whereas a
production test is around 60 questions.  Almost every test vendor does the
same for their beta tests.

You are asked more questions to validate the questions. Vendors want to
develop a test that can be passed.  The beta process is their means for
determining which test questions will be used in the production test pool of
questions. In turn, the test vendor makes the test available at a reduced
cost or free in some cases.

"Through Complexity there is Simplicity,
                               Through Simplicity there is Complexity"

David L. Blair - CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, CBE, CIW Associate, A+, 3Wizard