There is a chart in Doyles book on TCP/IP or at least
there is in Volume 1.
Be careful with fiddling with the non-default K
parameters as you need to maintain consistency
throughout your network. The problem with altering the
metrics may also prove difficult from a support
perspective. i.e having staff that understand EIGRP to
the required level.

Also, be careful with HSSI links, Cisco sets the
default to 200 usecs whilst every other WAN interface
is set to 20000 usecs. This can create problems if
your HSSI link is running at say 8 Mbs as opposed to
the full E1/T1 available.

Phil.

 --- Hans PHAM  wrote: > I did
a search and came across this question posted
> about 2 weeks ago. But I
> did not get the answer I need.
>
> Could anyone have a link stating the default delay
> for different types of
> Interfaces ? Thanks a lot.
>
> By the way, Cisco is marketing that EIGRP can do
> route selection based on
> current Load, Reliablity, ...  But then I found many
> Cisco documents saying
> that we should not activate this metric because
> Cisco does not update the
> real CURRENT (load or reliablity) metrics until
> there's a change in network
> topology. And we may end up with unexpected results
> if we do activate this
> metrics (i.e. set parameters k2, k4, k5 something
> other than the default
> values of 0 ) . Do anyone have any ideas/comments
> about this.
>

> Steven A. Ridder wrote:
> >
> > I believe the delay is by default set on the
> interface by the
> > router based
> > on the type of link it is.  I'm sure there's
> charts on CCO
> > somewhere.  You
> > can change this info on the interface with the
> delay command,
> > which is the
> > recommended way of changing a metric if you are
> forced to do
> > so.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://uk.my.yahoo.com