As far as I can tell this is another one of those Cisco quirks.  Unless
Cisco plan for the future a mechanism whereby the route to the NAT pool
is dynamically advertised, then the subnet mask has no *real* function.
IMO while routes to the pool are statically defined and then redist, it
remains a mere annoyance.
rgds
Marc