If I understand what you are trying to do -- it's a little unclear if
you are running all the OSPF or someone else is -- inject OSPF
defaults with metric type 2, and the metric on Connection A lower
than Connection B.

If the management of the OSPF system is under different
organizations, I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.