When I hire someone new I select the resumes that have at least a CCNA but
at the interview I'll choose the ones with more experience.
If I have to choose between 2 people, one with CCNA and no experience and
one with no CCNA but a lot of experience, I'll choose the later one.
Buy a router and play with it at home. And remember that the real engineer
is the one that is able to learn by himself with a book on his hand and the
router on the other.
So, my advice is: play with the routers at the Academy as much as you can
and you have the chance to gain a lot of experience. Then, you will see that
a lot of companies will be looking for your skills.

Adrian