Well, what I read was an easy way to convert binary to hex (so you have to
do dec to binary prior to that, which is also simple)...

Dec  -> Bin
250  -> 11111010                    (using that 256 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
converting scheme)

What you got to do is get the binary number and separate it in groups of 4
digits from right to left, like

Bin              -> Bin Separated
11111010    -> 1111    1010

Then, you have to sum the values of the one's using the 2^0 (1), 2^1 (2),
2^2 (4), and 2^3 (8):

Powers     8421
Bin           1010
----------------------
Sum         8+2 = 10

Hex is also know as Base 16, because it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A,
B, C, D, E, F, 11, 12, 13... so, instead of 10, the value in Hex is A

Now, doing with the other part of the separated bin

Powers     8421
Bin           1111
Sum         8+4+2+1 = 16

So now instead of 16, we have F.

Concatenating the values you have 250 (dec) = 11111010 (bin) = FA (hex)

I hope it's clear :)

Persio