I have pasted a copy of the email I got from Cisco on this change.  The next
to last paragraph tells us that the course outline and objectives have not
changed.

Manage Real-World Network Challenges-By Validating your Networking Expertise
with Real World Simulations

Cisco certified professionals are considered the "best of the best" in the
networking industry. Today, March 12, 2002, beginning with the CCNA exam,
Cisco will include simulation questions in Cisco exams and courses. The
enhancements to the Cisco Career Certifications program will ensure
certified professionals continue to provide our customers and partners with
the highest level of support and expertise needed for managing and deploying
Cisco end-to-end network solutions.

The CCNA #640-607 exam will focus on testing a candidate's knowledge and
skills, The CCNA exam #640-607 replaces exam #640-507 in all countries
except Japan. All translated version of exam #640-507 will be retired on
March 12, except for Networking Academy students. The CCNA #640-607 exam
will utilize Flash simulations along with "drag and drops" to validate an
individual's understanding and application of the CCNA networking support
objectives.

With the adoption of simulations in certification courses and exams, Cisco
complements a growing trend among information technology (IT) companies to
increasingly focus on knowledge and skills in certifications. Real-world,
scenario-based simulation courses and exams place an emphasis on hands-on
learning, and therefore, the recognition and value of simulation-based exams
are increasingly apparent in the IT industry. Simulation questions require
candidates to apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to resolve
networking problems on their written exams just as they would need to do
while on the job.

Visit http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/ecampaign/misc for more
information and to demo a course simulation. The CCNA #640-607 exam is
supported by the current recommended courses, ICND v1.1 and CCNA Basics
v1.0. These courses are available through Cisco Learning Partners and the
Networking Academy, and include integrated course simulations to assist in
preparation for the new simulation exam items. Visit
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/learning_part/about_learn_par
t.html to find an authorized Cisco Learning Partner near you.

Although the CCNA exam has been redesigned, the learning objectives have not
changed. As a result, the existing CCNA exam outline and course outline
cover all the topics on the new exam with the inclusion of simulations to
further validate a candidate's network skills. Simulations will be added to
other Cisco certifications exams
and recommended courses over time.

Develop real-world network skills for those real-world network challenges.