)  And, I know that Appletalk is still in some of the CCNP v2
exams.  However, it looks like you'll soon be able to scratch
NLSP off the CCIE test.  Keep your fingers crossed.

John

---- On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Tshon ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I think that what your missing is that.  Cisco is trying to
one prepare
> you for anything that
> is out there, equipment that happens to be at end of life
doesn't
> gaurantee that you
> won't see it out there.  They are trying to make sure that
you are
> prepared to represent
> their company.  Secondly if you don't have any understanding
about the
> equipment
> and you run into it, what's your suggestion.... just replace
it, it
> might work perfectly well, but we'll
> replace it because you aren't familiar!!!!  The test and the
labs as
> John knows are not
> if he's taken the CCIE lab, are not hard they are over lots
of
> technology that has been around.
> the same old situations exist with new ones.  And you need to
be
> prepared for it all, in the
> end you need to be prepared to use your resources and
understand
> quickly.  A company
> might be losing or wasting money because of you.  So, why
whine the test

> shows you
> what you didn't know that is what a test does.  Go back and
bone up,
> then you'll
> pass.
>
> Tshon
>
> John Neiberger wrote:
>
> >If Cisco is asking questions about products that have been
> >EOLed then they need to get some new test authors.  :-)  I
just
> >don't understand the difficulty in creating a decent test.
> >
> >Here's a suggestion for Cisco:
> >
> >Follow this list and the CCIE list for a week.  Compile a
list
> >of the top 30 posters, with special considerations for the
> >people who tend to answer most often.  From that list,
randomly
> >pick ten, then pay them to write 30 test questions each.
> >
> >I promise you that the end result would be 300 questions
that
> >are higher quality than a majority of the questions Cisco
has
> >on their current exams.  Repeat this process for each new
exam
> >needed.
> >
> >Now _that_ would be a killer beta test!
> >
> >Regards,
> >John
> >
> >---- On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Robert Padjen
> >([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> >>Greetings all -
> >>
> >>I have a discussion point that I am curious to get
> >>feedback on from the group. I recently took another
> >>Cisco certification exam (beta) and was amazed at the
> >>questions.
> >>
> >>For example, at least four questions regarded products
> >>that no longer exist - Cisco end-of-lifed them some
> >>time ago. Other questions included choices that don't
> >>

> >>exist - at least I am unaware of a (sic) series router
> >>for serial connections (it was a switch that does not
> >>have a WIC slot). Still more questions had no
> >>reasonable way to answer them without having
> >>previously read or learned specific Cisco materials.
> >>
> >>My observation is that this is bad for us as
> >>certification holders. And, since we pay for the tests
> >>and represent to our employers that they represent a
> >>certain level of professionalism, I think I have a
> >>real issue. The issues are not complaints regarding
> >>poor writing or syntax on the exam, although I am
> >>concerned about this for non-native English speakers
> >>taking the English exam. Rather, I am concerned that
> >>the test is outdated even when its in beta. This is
> >>not the first test (production or beta) that I have
> >>noted this with. I still haven't seen tests on MPLS,
> >>VPN, 4224 switches, IMA, etc., yet this would seem to
> >>be relevant on the CCNP/DP exams.
> >>
> >>Please share your thoughts.
> >>
> >>BTW - If this is considered an OT item please
> >>disregard. It is my hope to gain some understanding
> >>and then address the issue with Cisco if there is
> >>agreement that there is an issue. As the content of
> >>the tests is of concern to all of us I hope that the
> >>potential benefits are valued.
> >>
> >>=====
> >>Robert Padjen

> >>Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email!
> >>http://mail.yahoo.com/
> >>
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [...]
that have
> been EOLed then they need to get some new test
authors.  :-)  I just
> don't understand the difficulty in creating a decent
> test.Here's a suggestion for Cisco:Follow
this list and
> the CCIE list for a week.  Compile a list of the top 30
posters,
> with special considerations for the people who tend to
answer most
> often.  From that list, randomly pick ten, then pay them
to write 30
> test questions each.I promise you that the end result
would be
> 300 questions that are higher quality than a majority of
the
> questions Cisco has on their current exams.  Repeat this
process for
> each new exam needed.Now _that_ would be a killer
href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED])
> wrote:
>
>     Greetings all -I have a discussion
point that I
> am curious to getfeedback on from the group. I recently
took
> anotherCisco certification exam (beta) and was amazed at
> thequestions.For example, at least four questions
regarded
> productsthat no longer exist - Cisco end-of-lifed them
sometime
> ago. Other questions included choices that don't
>

>       exist - at least I am unaware of a (sic)
series
> routerfor serial connections (it was a switch that does
nothave
> a WIC slot). Still more questions had noreasonable way to
answer
> them without havingpreviously read or learned specific
Cisco
> materials.My observation is that this is bad for us
> ascertification holders. And, since we pay for the
testsand
> represent to our employers that they represent acertain
level of
> professionalism, I think I have areal issue. The issues
are not
> complaints regardingpoor writing or syntax on the exam,
although I
> amconcerned about this for non-native English
speakerstaking the
> English exam. Rather, I am concerned thatthe test is
outdated even
> when its in beta. This isnot the first test (production
or beta)
> that I havenoted this with. I still haven't seen tests on
> MPLS,VPN, 4224 switches, IMA, etc., yet this would seem
tobe
> relevant on the CCNP/DP exams. r>Please share your thoughts.BTW - If this
is
considered an OT
> item pleasedisregard. It is my hope to gain some
> understandingand then address the issue with Cisco if
there
> isagreement that there is an issue. As the content
ofthe tests
> is of concern to all of us I hope that thepotential
benefits are
> valued.=====Robert

Padjen__________________________________________________
Do
> You Yahoo!?Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest
free
href="http://mail.yahoo.com/";>http://mail.yahoo.com/

href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Posted at: href="http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?
f=7&i=38068&t=38063">http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?
pstudy.com/list/cisco.htmlReport
> misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"

href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]