On a SPAN port the switch will copy the information passing through the
other ports and output it to the SPAN port so that you can use a device like
a packet analyzer for network management. A SPAN port is merely a window
into the switch to look at traffic on several ports in several VLANs.

A trunk port is a port that can be configured to be a part of several VLANs
meaning it will be a part of the broadcast domain of several VLANs and the
actual packets can pass through this port. The trunk port is a functional
port that traffic from several different VLANs can use use actually get
somewhere.