A TCP session is often called a virtual circuit. A virtual circuit is
identified by the source and destination IP addresses and also the source
and destination TCP ports. Maybe that's what they are referring to.
Filtering on those would be a good way to isolate a single session.
(Although be careful with FTP which opens two virtual circuits, one for
data and one for control.)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com