Tom,

i have only practiced MPLS in Frame Mode. 1x4500, 1x4700, 1x3600 as the
Provider Backbone, and 4 small routers as CE devices. 2 Backbone routers
('PE') should also do the job but with a third as a pure 'P' router it gets
more realistic (no BGP needed on the P router, is not aware of customer
networks, does only label switching from ingress to egress for customer
data. I just studied the information in the book regarding cell mode MPLS.
Frame Relay would not help because it behaves like Frame Mode MPLS. For
practicing CellMode MPLS you would need MPLS aware ATM switches which was no
option for me ...

hth

Reinhold