From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Dennis Laganiere
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 7:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Problem with RIF [7:38569]

Convert the length to decimal (0x11000 = 24, and 0x00110 = 6). Count the
number of bytes the RIF is (hint - each hex character is one byte, so there
are two bytes for the RC, and two more for each RD).

Since the first problem has a length of 24 bytes defined, but an actual
length of 8 bytes, it's invalid..

Since the second problem has a length of 6 bytes defined, but an actual
length of 8 bytes, it's invalid too...

Attached is a document I put together some time ago to help people with
RIFs, hopefully you will find it useful.  Group members won't get the
attachment, but I'll try and post it on a web site for you to download later
tonight...

Thanks all...

--- Dennis Laganiere
Author of Boson CCIE Written #3 and the NLI study guide for the CCIE Written