Older boxes such as the 4500/4700 and 7000 support ATM interfaces. When I
was paying attention, it seemed that they were more readily available for
the 7000s. Downside to the 7000s is that they max out at 11.2? code unless
one buys a RSP7000 card set.
LS100s are cheaper than LS1010s. I have seen quite a range of prices for
LS100s from over $3k to $1k. I bought one with three OC-3 MM interfaces for
$1,500. It is for sale as I built a LS1010 from parts. (i.e. Bought a
chassis, then bought card(s), Then bought ASP.)
Let's just say that you can buy a heck of a lot of rack time for the same
money.