Your home network will depend on whether you use the Cisco solution or the
MS solution. May I suggest that you purchase an external DSL modem. Here's
one possible scheme. Connect the DSL modem to one of your switches, SW1.
Connect some of your MS boxes to SW1. Connect the ethernet port of a router,
R1, to SW1. Connect R1 to R2 via a back-to-back serial cable. Connect the
second switch, SW2, to the ethernet port of R2. Connect other MS boxes to
SW2.
DSL...SW1...R1...R2...SW2
      PC(s)           PC(s)