Gaz wrote:

> Similar use to the bandwidth command on routers - calculation
> of path costs.
> Can't have any effect on the clocking speed though.

Agreed.  Even on routers bandwidth is simply used to calculate load (x/255)
and used in routing protocol metrics (IGRP/EIGRP for sure), but doesn't
affect the actual bandwidth/speed of an interface.

> Looking at the URL you gave though there are loads of interface
> commands
> missing like description, loopback, logging to name but a few.
> Haven't
> checked any others but doesn't look like a very complete list.
> They're from 12.0.5 as well......dunno what's happened
> there...they got
> lazy?

I don't know if it's lazy or they just got tired of managing so many
different versions of the same thing.  Personally I reference their mammoth
IP IOS command guide.  It's in three volumes.  Here are links to them:
(careful of wrap on all of these URLs)

Volume I - Addressing and Services
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipras_r/

Volume II - Routing Protocols
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fiprrp_r/

Volume III - Multicast
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fiprmc_r/

That's a combined document of almost 1200 pages.....

HTH,
Mike W.