Depending on the type of switch and version of software, changing mode from
Server to Client will reset the VTP configuration revision, but not on all,
so again the safest way is to confirm the revision before connecting the
switch.

Regards,

Gaz

""Arjen Dragt""  wrote in message
> Careful about the "...configure it as a VTP client and the world will be a
> safe place." statement.  From CCO (all the following text is from CCO - no
> comments needed):
>
> Link (watch wrap):

cisco.com/warp/public/473/21.html#How%20a%20newly%20inserted%20switch%20can%