From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Phil Lorenz
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 6:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sup III Problems ??? [7:39324]

After catching heck with version 6.3 boot variable and a few other newer
commands with the 6509s @ work, I decided to upgrade my home lab from a
Sup I Cat5k with a Sup III tote'n Cat55k.

Problem:

I fired up the switch and it goes through the POST perfectly, but there
is no output on the Hyper Term.  The Hyper Term and connections check
out perfectly.  I hit the reset button and tried various break
functions- still nothing.  I connected the switch to a router in my lab
and this is what I see.

r1#sh cdp nei detail

-------------------------

Device ID: 066552032

Entry address(es):

Platform: WS-C5505,  Capabilities: Trans-Bridge Source-Route-Bridge
Switch

Interface: FastEthernet0,  Port ID (outgoing port): 2/1

Holdtime : 138 sec

Version :

WS-C5505 Software, Version McpSW: 4.5(12) NmpSW: 4.5(12)

Copyright (c) 1995-2001 by Cisco Systems

advertisement version: 1

Rats !!!  No IP address.  I have tried various console speeds and still
nothing more than this CDP output.

Any advice or leads ???

Thanks

Phil