I believe you may have been thinking of the 1201
(although cheap is relative, and a 2912 can be relatively cheap)

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Ramsey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 12:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cheap switch... [7:39547]

1900/2900  (non xl)

-Patrick

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  03/26/02 12:48PM >>>
I know this topic has been raised before, and I was fairly sure I had even
saved the series of e-mails. Of course, much like that clever retort to a
co-workers smart remark, the actual information escapes me at the time it
is most needed.

I am studying for my CCNP, and while my home lab has several routers (to
start with), I am in need of an affordable switch. Someone posted a model
easily obtainable from e-bay that was very similar to the bigger Catalysts
command-wise, but much cheaper. Can someone refresh my memory as to what it
was, or offer any other suggestions? Thanks
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and
/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or
copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may
subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this
email and its attachments from your computer. Thank you.