Hi Hunt,

A little cut and past here.  For those reading along, it page 150 of version
1.

Router A (SJ) has only 1 physical connection which is to router B with an
IGP next hop of 3.3.3.3.  In this example, Halabi is describing the
relationship between IGP and BGP next Hops.  2.2.2.0/24 is likely learned
via the IGP and is reachable through via 3.3.3.3 which is the IGP next hop
toward router C.  The same goes for 1.1.1.0/24 which again is reachable via
router C.  Indeed, router A has only one path out of the network.  In
reality, the network looks like this:

A----B----C---EBGP--D

A,B, and C are fully meshed with IBGP.  Hence, A will only ever have one
IGP next hop since it has only one path toward other networks and must
transit router B.

Keep in mind that you are looking at the Routing Table, not the BGP
table.  These are quite different which is what Sam is trying to point out.

What may be confusing you is that at first glance it looks like SF has a
direct link to SJ (A to C) when in fact it doesn't, and the line in the
diagram is really an arrow describing the logical IBGP connection.

Hope that helps?

Pete

What I am confused it's the Routing Table of Router A,